New Version 3.00 available
New interface, new rolling schedules, time clock QR codes and new multi-weekly schedule
The version 3.00 of Netside Planning is now online. Below the list of new features and updates :
New design of the application and new logo :
- Graphic redesign : New icons and simplification of the interface.
- Graphical optimization of the application especially for Retina displays and high resolutions.
- Icons for sending mails / SMS and tracking current / pending events in front of each resource have been removed. These are now accessible by a right click on the name of one of the resources.
- Better visualization of additional schedules by resource.
- Many other graphic improvements.
New floating views of schedules :
- A Floating View icon has been added at the top of each weekly, monthly, and time-slot schedule. Click this icon to turn the selected schedule into floating, click again it to disable the floating view for the selected schedule.
- The floating schedule starts on the day currently selected in the calendar, unlike the first day of the month for the default monthly schedule and the first day of the week for the weekly schedule.
- This new feature is taken into account during Excel exports of weekly, monthly and hourly schedules.
The bi-weekly view has been replaced by the multi-weekly view :
- It is now possible to choose via the menu PARAMETERS> PROFILE the number of weeks displayed on this view (from 2 to 4 weeks).
Added a time recording by QR code (Mobility Pack).
Netside Planning now offers a time recording by QR code for each of your human and material resources :
- New module Time clock QR codes accessible from the menu PARAMETERS> Time clock QR codes. This module makes it possible to quickly create QR clocking codes for the selected human and material resources. Each created QR code is unique for each of your resources and can be recreated at any time (the old one will no longer be usable). It is possible to create several QR codes per resource (for different projects, clients, etc.).
- Each QR code can be printed in just a few clicks and, for example, it can be glued to your customer’s entrance so that your resources can point 2 to 4 times a day by simply using their smartphone and a QR code reader application.
- The first time recording of the day results in the automatic creation of a time slot on the Times slots view.
- The following time recordings automatically change the created time slot and complete it as the day progresses.
Ability to customize QR codes with different information :
- Number of time recordings per day (2 or 4)
- Title of the time slot
- Color of the time slot
- The resource, customer, project, color, title and comment fields of the QR code will be automatically defined in the created time slot.
- Recovery of the geolocation as well as the IP address of the smartphone used when pointing to quickly see if the person has pointed at the customer (PS: the user must agree to be geolocated).
- Management of night hours. Ability to complete a time recording started the day before.
- Ability to set a minimum time between each time recording.
- Possibility to manually complete the time slots not fully recorded in the day from the Time slots view.
- QR codes can also be directly viewed / printed from each user’s profile (if allowed, see new option on the PARAMETERS> PREFERENCES page) and from the resource management module.
- New CSV export available in the event search page (VIEWS > SEARCH OF SCHEDULED EVENTS & REPORTING menu).
Improved View Time slots :
- Added fields Customer, Project and comments in each time slot.
- Added an icon to view the QR code record history for this time slot and the geolocation of each record.
- These new fields are taken into account during the Excel export of time slots.
- Time slots now manage hourly hours.
Module enhancement Monitoring of working time and overtime accessible from the menu VIEWS> MONITORING OF WORKING TIME AND OVERTIME :
- This module now allows you to follow each time slot defined for each resource from the Time slots view in the form of a listing and includes an automated calculation of hours worked and overtime in relation to the legal hours defined per day and per week for each of your resources.
Adding the following fields in the search engine :
- Show / hide days without time slot: Displays or not the days without time slot.
- Integrate increased hours calculation: The calculation of increased hours is no longer displayed by default. Change the value of this field to add this calculation in the generated report.
Adding the following columns in the report :
- Type of creation (manual creation via the interface, time recording by QR code in progress or time recording by QR code completed).
- New column Details / modification of the time slot. Allows to detail / modify the concerned time slot without passing through the Time slots view.
- Adding the global total for all resources: allows, for example, to retrieve the number of worked hours for a customer for all the selected resources.
- Added a new tab displaying the entire QR code time recordings history between 2 dates as well as geolocation details.
- Consideration of all new features in the EXCEL export of this report.
Modification of the Netside Planning API:
- Standardization of all fields in camelCase format. Please note that some fields have been renamed on this occasion.
- Added the following fields: resourceTag, resourceFunction, resourceComments, resourceId, evtType, durationHours, and durationDays.
- The fields durationHours and durationDays take into account the daily legal hours for each resource as in the EXCEL export of event search.
Modification of the EXCEL export of event search:
- Added the following fields: Resource tag, Resource function and Resource comments.
Improvement of the interface: Since the different schedules, the following shortcuts have been added to the menu accessible from a right click on the name of a resource:
- View current and upcoming events for this resource
- View the list of pending events
- Send an email / SMS
Improvement of the mobility pack: It is now possible to customize the title of each event in external applications (Outlook, iPhone, iPad, Android, etc.). Customization can be realized from the page PARAMETERS > PREFERENCES :
- Title display by event category (default)
- Title display by customer
- Display of the title by trigram of category of event
Improved application performance.
Documentation update: Integration of all new features.